Omron 5 Series Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor with Wide-Range Cuff
Share this Product
- No. 1 Doctor and Pharmacist Recommended Brand
- 2 User Mode allows 2 users to track 30 readings each separately in stored memory with date and time stamp
- Advanced Averaging feature automatically displays the average of up to the last 3 readings taken within the last 10 minutes
- Hypertension Indicator icon alerts you if your reading exceeds internationally recognized guidelines for normal home blood pressure levels
- Detects irregular heartbeat and alerts you with a special indicator icon so you can consult with your physician
From the Manufacturer
The Omron 5 SERIES upper arm blood pressure monitor is a quick and easy way to check your blood pressure at home. This model offers dual settings for two users and a memory storage space for up to 60 readings, ensuring you get reliable information necessary for managing heart health.
Five Key Benefits
Two User Mode
Allows two different users to monitor and track their readings separately in the stored memory.
Exclusive technology automatically displays the average of up to the last three readings taken within the last 10 minutes.
Irregular Heartbeat Detector
Detects irregular heartbeats while your blood pressure is being measured. If an irregular heartbeat is detected, an indicator icon will appear, alerting you so you can consult with your medical professional.
Alerts you if your blood pressure reading exceeds internationally recognized guidelines for normal home blood pressure levels.
60 Memory Storage
30 memory storage for each person (60 total) with date and time stamp that allows you to review the last 30 readings with a touch of a button.
The Right Fit
Cuff size is very important in ensuring an accurate reading every time you monitor. Before you purchase a home blood pressure monitor, determine if you will need a standard or large sized cuff. To determine your arm size, use a cloth measuring tape to measure the circumference of your left arm.
The cuff size options are:
- Wide Range Adult Cuff -- Fits arm sizes 9 to 17 inches
- Large Adult Cuff -- Fits arm sizes 13 to 17 inches
Blood Pressure Facts
Your heart is your most important organ, and it's a good idea to know how well it's doing. With Omron home blood pressure monitors, you consistently get an accurate picture of your heart's health.
One in three adults suffer from high blood pressure in America. This condition can lead to heart attacks, strokes, kidney failure, and blindness. With the Omron 5 SERIES upper arm monitor, you can monitor your blood pressure at home, and with the help of your physician, take steps to decrease your risk of heart disease. A healthy heart combined with a healthy lifestyle will help increase your chances for a long, active life.
What the Numbers Mean
Understanding your readings is easy with the Omron 5 SERIES blood pressure monitor. The easy-to-read screen displays your readings in large font and labels each number with a tab along the side.
- Systolic Pressure is the top number on the display. It's the pressure created as your heart contracts to pump blood throughout the body.
- Diastolic Pressure is the bottom number on the display. It's the pressure between beats, when your heart relaxes.
These numbers combine to give you your blood pressure reading (systolic over diastolic pressure).
What's in the Box
One Omron BP-742 5 SERIES upper arm blood pressure monitor, one Wide Range Adult Cuff (fits arms sizes 9"-17" in circumference), and English/Spanish instruction manual. Requires four AA batteries.
Tips and Tricks
How to Monitor
Your blood pressure numbers often change. For instance, your blood pressure in the morning can be significantly different than at night, when you visit a doctor's office, or after exercising. By using an Omron blood pressure monitor at home, you're able to detect changes in your blood pressure any time you want.
To ensure an accurate reading, do not measure your blood pressure within 30 minutes of:
- Drinking Alcohol
Place the blood pressure arm cuff on your left arm and sit quietly for approximately five minutes with both feet flat on the floor. Then, when you are ready to test, simply press the start button and the Omron monitor will do the rest.